Have you ever tried to teach your kids something and it goes in one ear and out the other? Have you tried to provide advice to your adult children and they just don’t want to hear it? Perhaps putting your thoughts down on virtual paper is a better way. We want to hear from you and share your money related experiences with the next generation. It doesn’t matter if your kids are 5 or 50 years old, there’s always something to learn from our elders.
We are extremely excited to hear your personal finance story.
If your letter is published, we will provide:
- Formatting and related images if not already provided.
- Backlinks to relevant content.
- Author bio link to your website.
- Links to your social media accounts.
- A custom author link to all your letters.
- Promotion of your post on all our social media accounts.
- Potential Contributor Spotlight profile on all pages.
- Top tier letters shared with our Priority Mailing List
We cannot guarantee submitted content will be featured. To increase the likelihood of becoming a contributor, the following are the recommended criteria:
- Meaningful and well written content related to Financial Independence, Early Retirement, Investing, Saving, Frugality, Budgeting, and other Personal Finance related topics. Adding pictures is great.
- The letter shall be 1,000+ words and be considered of value to our readership.
- The format should be in letter form, as if speaking to your own child (no matter the age).
- Must include personal experiences related to the primary message.
- You may include backlinks to URLs you own that are relevant to the letter.
- Links to other authoritative external sources as appropriate (no affiliate links please).
- No Links to spammy websites or poorly written articles.
- Must not be a viewed as just an ad for a company, but provide actionable advice.
- The content shall be unique, not published elsewhere, and entirely void of plagiarism.
- Your message must be consistent with theFIway’s philosophy regarding finances. Varying points of view are acceptable, but bad advice is not.
Here are a couple ways to share your story on theFIway.com:
1. Craft an Email to…
…if you wish to guest post a letter, tell your full story, or create an account to post a series yourself.
Guest letters will only be accepted if consistent with the theme of the theFIway.com. We will publish engaging well written educational posts related to finances that include personal stories. We want to preserve the quality and theme of the site and will be particular about the content featured.
Feel free to read existing letters to get an idea of expectations. Here’s the email template:
Name to Publish Under:
Wish to become a regular contributor?:
Quick Bio: 3-4 sentences (marriage status, kids ages, career choice, big accomplishment, that kind of stuff).
Featured Image: If willing, attach a picture of your family.
Letter Content: Ideally, open with a personal story describing the intent of the letter and then walk your child through experiences or analysis that eventually lead to actionable steps to replicate your successes or avoid failures.
To be included in your author profile
Author Image: Attach or link to an image for your profile
Website link: If you have one
Facebook Profile or Page Link:
Reddit, Quora or other social links:
By submitting your letter, you are giving theFIway.com all rights to edit and publish your amazing, disheartening, or empowering Financial Independence experience on this website.
2. The second way is to comment with your experiences on already published FI letters.
Should your story be featured, we’ll broadcast the post on all our social media channels and you can proudly display our badge by copying and pasting the code below anywhere on your site or social media accounts.